“Our mission at Interforce is to support organisations manage safe and secure environments by providing a reassuring, efficient and proportionate service to maximise public safety and prevent crime.
In doing so we aim to uphold the law firmly and fairly by combating antisocial behaviour, deterring criminal activity, and maintaining safety by collaborating with our clients and other partnership agencies including the Police, to assist in investigating crime and bringing offenders to justice.
Interforce officers will be approachable and act with integrity, compassion and courtesy, demonstrating respect for the human rights of all, and an understanding of different cultures. As an organisation we will provide the public with reassurance. We will use discretion, professional judgement and common sense to guide us, and will be accountable for our decisions and actions.
In identifying and managing risk, we will seek to achieve successful outcomes and to reduce the risk of harm to individuals. In the face of violence, we will be professional, calm and restrained, and will apply only that force which is necessary to accomplish our roles and responsibilities.
We will continue to develop our skills, listening to the views of our clients and other agencies, with a willingness to learn and improve the services we provide.
Our commitment is to deliver a service of the highest standard of care and security, one that our clients, we and those we serve can be proud of and trust, and which adds to the success and safety of our partners.”
Standards and Performance
Interforce is committed to providing the highest possible standard of performance. To achieve this, Interforce officers have a clear understanding of what is expected of them along with a significant level of training which is far in excess of industry requirements.
Interforce aims to maintain and raise the standards that we operate at, and in order to do this we have set the following principles and standards of professional behaviour.
‘Doing the right thing in the right way’, Interforce will;
- Accountability: Remain answerable for its decisions, actions and omissions.
- Fairness and Respect: Treat people fairly and with respect.
- Honesty and Integrity: Be honest and act with integrity at all times, and will not compromise or abuse its position.
- Leadership: Lead by good example.
- Objectivity: Make choices on evidence and best professional judgement.
- Selflessness: Act in the interest of the members of the public at all times
Standards of professional behaviour, Interforce will;
- Authority, respect and courtesy: Act with control and tolerance, treating members of the public and colleagues with respect and courtesy. It will use its powers and authority lawfully and proportionately, and will respect the rights of all individuals.
- Equality and diversity: Act with fairness and impartiality. It will not discriminate unlawfully or unfairly.
- Use of force: Only use force as part of its role and responsibilities, and only to the extent that it is necessary, proportionate and reasonable in all the circumstances.
- Orders and instructions: Ensure all Policies, Procedures and Regulations are adhered to amongst its workforce. It will give reasonable instructions only, and will follow all reasonable instructions.
- Deployments and responsibilities: Remain diligent in the exercise of its deployments and responsibilities.
- Confidentiality: Treat information with respect, and access or disclose it only in the proper course of its duties.
- Fitness for work: Ensure that all personal are fit to carry out their role responsibilities.
- Conduct: Monitor officer conduct when on duty, to make sure that individual or group behaviour does not bring discredit to, or undermine public confidence in TSG.
- Challenging and reporting improper behaviour: Report, challenge or take action against the conduct of colleagues or others which has fallen below the standards of professional behaviour.